Thursday, February 16, 2006

I'm A Self Absorbed Fuck, That's Why I Blog

I've haven't had many dis posts, but I've feel I've shat on the Village Voice blogs perhaps more than I should (though I maintain that some cases deserve to be shat upon). However, my old friend Tom recently posted a memorial to Jay Dee where an interesting comment was left:

It's a shame that Jay didn't get press like this while he was alive. If you weren't a fan of his up until Saturday, why bother writing a posthumous tribute? You're not honoring him by critiquing his work, you're only honoring yourself. Let the man rest in peace. The greatness and honesty of his work speaks for itself, which is more that yours or any other insincere blog tribute could ever say.

I will give Tom some credit; I really don't think he was insincere in his tribute. I've known the guy, cripes, seven or so years now, and (in this case) do not doubt his motives for a moment. However, it does say a lot about the blogosphere, doesn't it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

indeed.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home